My preferred method of cooking is throw things together and hope that it works, now that I’ve started sharing my recipes I really have to take the time to quantify each ingredient so I can write an actual recipe. This bad boy came about after a late Barre3 class where I didn’t get home until 7:30 and Greg was on his way to baseball practice (he’s a high school coach). It’s Paleo, Whole30, toddler (and husband) approved and finished in under 30 minutes. Serve with a vegetable or salad and it’s the perfect quick comfort food, with no guilt!
Paleo Sloppy Joe
- 1 lb of Ground Beef
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, Minced.
- 1/2 a Small onion, diced.
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Mustard Powder
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut Aminos
- 1/4 tsp. Fish Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. New Primal BBQ Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Tessamaes Ketchup
- 8 oz Can of Compliant Tomato Sauce
- Generous Pinch of Salt and Pepper
Wash and scrub sweet potatoes, pierce with a fork and pop them in the microwave on the potato setting.
- Dice onion and mince garlic.
- Mix together, onion powder, garlic powder, mustard powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl and set aside.
- Add 2 TBSP of olive oil to sauté pan and turn stove to medium. Add garlic and onion and sauté until fragrant and softened.
- After onions and garlic are soft and fragrant, add ground beef and brown.
- Drain ground beef and return heat to medium and add dry spices.
- After incorporating all dry spices, add tomato sauce, fish Sauce, coconut aminos, New Primal BBQ sauce and Tessamaes Ketchup.
Serve over a baked or microwaved (lol) sweet potato with a side of broccoli and a dollop of “Mac’s Awesome Sauce” from Healthy Little Peach!
Please note: this recipe’s ingredients are somewhat costly upfront, I used them because I had them on hand already, as pantry staples. Adjust to taste and affordability, (i.e. use regular ketchup and bbq sauce if not on a round of whole30), I’m positive your recipe will be amazing too!