Truth: I drink iced coffee all year round, Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall. Pre-motherhood I drank coffee hot, peacefully and enjoyably… fast forward to today, I drink it iced out of necessity
(because it’s freaking hard to drink hot coffee with a toddler) and now preference. I am completely obsessed with this method of making Cold Brew at home for a million reasons, one of them being cost, drinking a grande Cold Brew Coffee from Starbucks 4x a week will set you back about $52 a month! I know I could find plenty of things on amazon I’d like to buy for $52, just ask my husband! Secondly, Cold Brew is less acidic than hot brewed coffee, making it easier on your stomach and more palatable to drink black! It’s also a really awesome Whole30 hack because it is one less thing to worry about when you’re on your round (i.e. YOU KNOW WHAT IS IN YOUR COFFEE!!!) I solemnly promise you will never miss a Frappuccino again!
Here’s What You Need:
- 4-6** Heaping Tbsp. Coffee Grounds. (I use Starbucks Blonde Roast because it’s my favorite but you can use ANY medium-dark roast you prefer, even a flavored coffee!!!)
- Half a Gallon of Cold Filtered Water (About 2 Liters)
- 1 Gallon Sized Pitcher with Lid
- Cheesecloth + Rubber band or Mesh Strainer
- Fill 1/2 gallon of water into clean container, use two separate if needed!
- Add your heaping tablespoons of ground coffee to water.
- Let coffee sit overnight undisturbed for 12-24 hours!
- Strain with cheesecloth into gallon sized pitcher and store in the refrigerator.
- Pour over ice and enjoy with any additions you’d like!
- Sugar, creamer, flavor syrups, favorite non-dairy creamer, Amaretto or RumChata!!! The possibilities are endless!
- Adjust TBSP of coffee grounds according to taste! More TBSP = STRONGER COFFEE!
- I prefer making this in smaller batches, this recipe can eaisly be doubled!)
If you are an Iced Coffee lover I am positive you will LOVE this method!