Currently my favorite kitchen appliance is my Instant Pot, if you don’t have one yet… seriously, what are you waiting for? I am really into making/canning/storing/freezing things
so I don’t have to constantly buy them. My two year old is a yogurt eating machine, she can poslish off two boxes of yogurt pouches in a week. This is the only recipe I use, it’s almost mindless and comes out perfect EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
- 1 1/2 Gallon of Fairlife Whole Milk – only works with ultra pasturized milk!!!
- 1-2 TBSP Fresh (unopened) Vanilla Yogurt or Greek Yogurt* (see notes)
- 14oz Can of Sweetend Condensed Milk (I don’t use entire can)
- Note: This recipe has the perfect amount of sweetness but you can add flavored creamer or just vanilla extract. You could also make it plain with plain yogurt and omitting the sweetened condensed milk.
- Using Greek Yogurt = thick yogurt. Using regular yogurt = thinner (perhaps more kid friendly) regular yogurt*
In your clean I.P. pot add the entire 1/2 Gallon container of Fairlife Whole Milk. Mix together 1-2 TBSP of Fresh Vanilla Yogurt and Sweetened Condensed Milk until disolved. Turn your Instant Pot to YOGURT and set your time for 8-10 hours, adjusting the heat to medium. Cover with the Instant Pot lid – WITHOUT THE RUBBER RING!!! Once your time is up, your Instant Pot should read YOGT. Without sitrring, cover with a paper towel (the paper towel will absorb excess moisture) and foil and place entire pot in your refridgerator for 4-6 hours. Once your Yogurt has chilled you can transfer it to containers. Keep refridgerated for 2-3 weeks or freeze! I freeze my yogurt in this container I got from Williams Sonoma or freezer safe mason jars!
- I use this recipe with my 8 Quart Instant Pot Ultra incubation time may vary based on what model you have.
- It is SO important to NOT use the rubber ring inside the lid, the vanilla yogurt could smell like the macaroni and cheese you made the night before if you do.
- Ordering these reusable food pouches = DIY gogurt